Friday 5 September 2014

Ten quotes from songs that hit my heart strings - Part one

As a musician, I have a lot of love for music of all types and genres. 
I could probably say that I love music more than I love coffee - and that's a huge statement coming from me. 

There's no argument that music makes the world go 'round.
We've all witnessed songs that have brought people together; lovers, families, enemies and nationalities.
We've witnessed songs that have empowered individuals and inspired revolutions.
But also sadly, we've witness songs that were the cause of senseless destruction.

Sometimes a simple verse, or a particular line from a song can jog the wildest memories or take you on an emotional roller coaster. It could make you laugh, cry, or even make you fall in love all over again. 

So, on a lighthearted note as we move on, for Part one of this blog topic, I've chosen lyrics from my easy listening collection, and without further ado,


Here are quotes from songs that hit my heart strings:

1. I'm feelin' electric tonight. Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99.

2. Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken?

3. I could be the one to take you home, Baby we could rock the night alone.

4. It's not always rainbows and butterflies - it's compromise that moves us along (yeah).

5. Someday I'll wish upon a star, and wake up where the clouds are far behind me.

6. It feels like something's heating up, can I leave with you?

7. I'll never let your head hit the head, without my hand behind it.

8. ..and all that glitters is gold - Only shooting stars break the mold.

9. Only know you've been high when you're feeling low, only hate the road when you’re missin' home.

10. Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis. When I was dead broke, man, I couldn't picture this!


..Now here's a challenge!
Can you name all of these songs without having to look them up? 

and while you have a think, I'll leave you with an impromptu kitchen party at Duke's Lounge:







No comments:

Post a Comment