Thursday 14 August 2014

My obsession with coffee - Part one


I just swallowed a tablet, chased by a fine Colombian single estate filter coffee, made using freshly ground beans to the consistently that matches sand. It was Infused with filtered water resting 96 degrees celcius, through an Aeropress at a 1:10 ratio using the reverse technique, then extracted within 25 seconds - ...Blah blah blah.

So, if you know me, you'd know how much I love coffee. 
In saying that, I'm not one to be fussy about it. As long as it enhances my immediate experience, 
such as grabbing a Starbucks 'caramel Macchiato' at an airport, or a shot of Ristetto in the alley ways of Melbourne, either way I'll be very happy. 
Because, as someone who's passionate about hospitality, and; 
'as a cook, smells and tastes are my memories' [said Anthony Bordain], I live to experience life through those senses as much as I can. 
So without doubt, I am looking forward to drinking filter coffee at random roadhouses and diners across the US. No matter how good or bad it may be, as long as it adds to this special memory, either way,
I'll be very happy. 

Six more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment