Wednesday 8 October 2014

Finally here. Hello Chicago!


Wow - what a plane ride!
Believe it or not, I had the whole row to myself. I could literally lay down and have a proper nap in economy class! I mean, the first leg of the journey had me having two seats to myself, and I thought that was lucky, but this is something else. Emirates airlines, you're pretty amazing. 

So, I'm here! After thirty four hours of being in transit, but I loved every second of it. 
Reunited with my cousin again after five years and it felt like we never left.
First stop was an epic meal at a Chinese restaurant in Chicago's Chinatown square. What I couldn't get my head around was how cheap it was. The meal we had came to just under fifty dollars. If we had the equivalent in Sydney, we would've paid a minimum of eighty dollars. Easily.

Arrived at my cousins house, hung out with the family, had a well needed shower and as a night cap I brewed some Nicaraguan coffee through an Aeropress - Already it feels like home.





No comments:

Post a Comment