Wednesday 8 October 2014

Fourteen hours of flight time - Hello Dubai!

That must've been the longest plane ride I've taken so far. Fourteen hours straight. I normally go as far as Bangkok, but this time I had another five hours added on top. 
Luckily, I had two seats to myself in the brand new, most gorgeous A380 thanks to Emirates airlines, and since I'm only a little guy, I had all the space to sleep and move around as I pleased. 

So here I am at Dubai Airport. Yes, I took the long way 'round to get to Chicago, but I'm glad I chose my connecting flight here because this place makes a great stop over. Apart from being an amazing airport in general, it also allowed me the chance to take a break and adjust to a new timeline and without question, I hunted down a place to have my first coffee. Judging by their espresso machine and the person behind it, I chose a place called Giraffe. 
The coffee itself isn't bad per se, but the winner here was the organic fruit and nuts bowl; with Greek yoghurt, almonds and pistachios for breakfast. For some reason, fruit always taste better overseas. 
In saying that, the water here tastes and smells funny. Filtered water is bearable, but tap water has a really odd smell to it. Hmm..

I have a hotel room waiting for me on the way back so I won't write too much about Dubai airport this time 'round. 

So,
Thirty minutes till my flight to O'Hare airport in Chicago now. I've regulated my water consumption well, and got myself some cold and flu tablets for the flight. Hopefully I won't be sneezing every fifteen minutes this time. 

Another fourteen hours ahead. 
Onwards! 





No comments:

Post a Comment